Monday, December 15, 2014

Oooo, Look at the Pretty Butterfly



Do we introduce the distractions in our life that cause us to lose focus on the things that we prioritize?  To be an overachiever, the ability to focus on a finite set of objectives at any one time is paramount.  However, there is a high level of discipline involved so that we can have those few things in front of us at any one time and can concentrate on them.  I know how difficult this is, as that “shiny object” that comes dancing before my eyes has distracted me on more than one occasion.  Sometimes, I am able to identify the distractions, then I can take the appropriate steps to ignore them and continue what I want to be doing, other times…

Oooo, my favorite television show is on, be right back…

When I have the time and the chance, I enjoy cooking dinner on the weekend.  For me it has always been a full experience, starting with trying to figure out what it is that I want to cook.  Rebecca has caught me when I am in a cooking frenzy, where there is a lot to do and a small amount of time to do it in.  I have the recipe at the ready, quick run to the store and now the time to prepare and to cook.  As is my habit, much to Debbie’s dismay, every dish, pot and pan gets taken out and used in the process.  In my head, there is music playing (and I do mean only in my head).  All of a sudden, that one song sticks in my head and it has to come out. 

Oooo, I hear my favorite song playing in my head, better get to the piano and play it…

I was working on an article and usually I write from my personal experiences or things that pique my interest.  There are times, however, where I do not know something, or need to get a better understand, or look up a definition.  In the olden days, I would have to pull out the dictionary or the encyclopedia.  Today, I just have to “flip” programs and look up what I need. 

Oooo, look at the pictures that Gab and her roommates posted on Face book…

We have a good laugh when we see people that we know get distracted like this.  Truth is that staying focused all of the time is hard work.  Yes, when I work on something, I get caught up in what I am doing and it becomes easier to stay focused.  Some of the time, I will avoid putting myself in a position where I will get distracted.  Sometimes, that shiny object unexpectedly rolls across my path and I lose my attention. I still need to be better at those times that I still get distracted.

Oooo, there is Lucy Lou looking all cute and needing some attention…


No comments:

Post a Comment